Hectic weekday needs to end with great home cooked food.
This is a very easy to make with less ingredients chicken semi gravy curry.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg cut in medium sized pieces
- Onions – 2 medium size finely sliced
- Garlic – 5 pods chopped finely
- Ginger – 1/2 inch finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 2 slit into half
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Whole spices (1 small bark of cinnamon, 2 cardamom pods, 1 Big bay leaf) –
- Peppercorns – a handful (need to keep aside 1 tsp powdered pepper for marination)
- Saunf (aniseed) – 4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Curry leaves for garnish
Start by marinating chicken with curd, turmeric and ginger garlic paste and pepper powder. Keep it in fridge for few hours or over night.
In a non stick pan heat oil, add the whole spices. Add chopped ginger & garlic, cook till the raw flavor goes away. Add onions and cook till it is translucent in colour and then let it get slightly browned.
Add the marinated chicken. Add required salt and powdered pepper aniseed mix. Sauté in high flame for 5 minutes. Lower the flame. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook (do not add water). Chicken should be cooked in 10-15 minutes depending on how long the chicken was marinated for.
Once the chicken is cooked stir fry the chicken in high flame. Turn of the gas and garnish with curry leaves.