Bored to have bitter gourd? This crispy twist to bitter gourd will encourage you to have this vegetable. Can eat this as a tea time snack or with dal chawal.
- Bitter gourd – 2 big sliced into thin round discs
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Besan (gram flour) – 1 dessert spoon
- Chat masala – 1 tea spoon
- Lemon – 1/2 a slice
- Salt as required
- Oil to shallow fry
Wash the sliced bitter gourd wih water and drain. Rub salt to this and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Heat a pan with oil. We need to shallow fry only no need of deep fry.
Squeeze excess water from the bitter gourd, this will help in reducing the bitterness as well.Add the spices except for chat masala. Mix well. Add the besan and mix again. All the spices need to be coated to the slices evenly.